Wednesday, November 27, 2013

This is how it all started........

I know what you're thinking..... she's already got a blog, why another one?  Well this is all about one topic - Earthing. I wrote about it a while back on At Home with my BLT and I think it stands on its own, away from my soapboxing and family dramas fun. Back to Earth with a Bump. So welcome to the birth of this new page called  Health, Wealth and Healing!! 

My children's names begin with B,L and T so I refer to them as Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato - BLT - to protect their identity on the potentially crazy worldwide web and I have a blog called At Home with my BLT (in case you are not aware) which includes numerous posts relating to the antics of our nutty clan. So now you're all caught up!

For 4 years my daughter (Tomato - now 7½ years old) has been suffering with a terrible skin condition and toxicity issues. It has been a huge challenge parenting this child with her debilitating condition while still raising her sister (Bacon - 5½ years old) and brother (Lettuce - 2 years old) in as normal an environment as possible.
Not long ago after a particularly difficult time with Tomato, I was diagnosed with some pretty scary auto-immune illnesses which came with an aggressive regimen of cortisone, anti-inflamnatories and chemotherapeutic drugs. I was mortified and the side effects were debilitating and chronic - severe exhaustion, nausea and blurred vision to name a few.

The idea of "Health, Wealth and Healing" has been floating around in my head for a while now. After reading that skin disorders and auto-immune issues are largely diet related, I have been following some inspirational ladies who blog about eating "real" food and minimising toxic living (including the chemicals we put onto our skin and into our water).  They make it look so easy but frankly I am terrified to go this route as I know how time-consuming it is and being a busy work-from-home mom, I particularly like life's little time-savers like 2-minute noodles and prepared foods that are jam-packed with additives [eeek]. But damn they're convenient *gulp*.

Tomato has been on a wheat free, dairy free and sugar free diet which is distressing not only for her, but for the whole family including our wallets!! It is extremely difficult to try to continue "normally" and just remove those 3 important ingredients!! An entire lifestyle change is required and I guess that's what I'm resisting! 


What I do like about the ladies I have been following is that they try to make us feel as guilt-free as possible and encourage us to start small.


So this will be a blog of my journey with my BLT to reconnect - with ourselves, our bodies, our inner soul, our environment, nature and to remove as much toxicity as possible from our lives without losing quality of life (bakerman at school will still be a favourite pastime, as will baking) but this will be our journey of trying to be more natural. Let's see how we go...... wish us luck!


This blog used to be called Earthing with my BLT but as it progressed, I realised that health is critical, true wealth can only be found in good health and healing needs to occur so that we can all live the best lives that we possibly can. I still love earthing though.

What is Earthing?

"Throughout time, we humans have sat, stood, strolled, and slept on the ground – the skin of our bodies touching the skin of the Earth.


And throughout time, such ordinary contact served as a conduit for transferring the Earth’s natural, gentle negative charge underfoot into the body. You see, we are bioelectrical beings living on an electrical planet.


Modern lifestyle has disconnected us from this primordial charge.


Earthing is the landmark discovery that the disconnect may make us more vulnerable to stress and illness. Contact with the Earth appears to uphold the electrical stability of our bodies and serve as a foundation for vitality and health. In an age of rampant chronic inflammation and disease, “grounding” ourselves by reconnecting with the Earth beneath our very feet provides a way back to better health."   
www.earthinginstitute.com



No comments:

Post a Comment